About this site
This site is a library of photos and ephemera from some of my maternal ancestors from Western Ohio, mostly members of the Miller and Linn families, their neighbors, and friends. The items range from roughly the 1870s to about 1940.
The locations focus on Mercer County, Ohio, some Eastern Indiana locations, and cities & towns in Western Ohio including Dayton, Celina, and Lima.
I've tried to identify people in the photos as much as possible, but many are unknown. If you can identify someone I cannot, please contact me.
Using the site
- If you Control-click on something, it will open in a new tab or window.
- When you're on a gallery page, note the two button options:
- Full Size will display a larger version of the image (usually 1,300 px wide).
- High-res JPG will display a much larger-sized JPEG image. Beware, these files can be up to 50 MB! These images have been scanned at a high resolution ranging from 700 to 1,200 dpi.
- There's no Search functionality. You can use your browser's Find (Ctrl+F) function on a gallery page, or you can perform a Google search limited to the content of this site.
- In an item's details, the dimensions are those of the scanned image. Often this includes the entire frame or board around a photo, but in other cases I have cropped the frame out to show only the photo.
Enjoy your visit!